Thursday, April 19, 2012

Brunch at Westville

Westville 
210 W 10th St 
New York, NY 10014 
www.westvillenyc.com

This is a quaint little restaurant with outdoor seating, so it’s the perfect place to come here for brunch with your pup. I love brunching outside on a beautiful day in the city… I get to people watch and doggie watch. It’s also a vegan friendly place filled with a long list of fresh beautiful veggies to choose from. There’s about twenty plus items on the market menu and if you like, you could even pick four items as your meal. The market sides are so amazingly delicious! If I could have this every single day, I would swear off meat. My waistline would totally appreciate it.

_MG_5574
Market sides - sauteed kale with shallots, honey dijon brussels sprouts, roasted beets with goat cheese, and fried plantains with cotija cheese. I love the vibrant colors. They were all so fresh and very delicious!
_MG_5583
Breakfast burrito with a side of hash. The hash was a spicy creamy mash potato with a Mexican twist. It's not your typical hash and I loved it!
_MG_5597
The inside of our breakfast burrito. Lots of diced chorizo tucked inside the fluffy scrambled eggs, topped with salsa and avocado. 
_MG_5591
Westville breakfast - poached eggs with Canadian bacon, and sauteed spinach on an English muffin. I didn't like this very much.

The breakfast burrito was large in portion and filling, however, it needed plenty of ketchup and Tabasco sauce to bring out the flavors. The side of hash on the other hand was quite tasty. It was a spicy creamy mash potato with a Mexican twist. I immediately wanted seconds. I also ordered the Westville breakfast because I enjoy a classic eggs benedict, but this one was just mediocre. Doh!

_MG_5598
Saying hi to Teddy, who was brunching next to us. :)

The wait staff at Westville weren't very friendly and quite frankly not very attentive. They seemed frustrated when we asked that they change our drinks because two of our cups were dirty. But it’s ok… I forgive them for having fantastic veggies. I will definitely come back here for more market sides and try their famous mac and cheese. Just thinking about their veggies, is making me drool. The wait here can be a little crazy during the weekends, but there are a few things that make it worthwhile.

Mickey’s ratings: 7.5/10 
Price range: $$

Westville on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

  1. I am so going there! It's looking delicious! Thank you for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Market sides are def the way to go. I wouldn't even call them sides... they were the stars of the meal!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...