Monday, April 9, 2012

I love hand-pulled noodles

Tasty Hand-Pulled Noodles Inc.
1 Doyers Street 
(between Bowery & Chatham Sq) 
New York, NY 10013

_MG_5323There is something truly magical about hand-pulled noodles that I’m completely obsessed with. I would always crave that fresh, bouncy, chewy texture of handmade noodles whenever I want something warm in my belly. Tasty Hand-Pulled Noodles is a hole in the wall in Chinatown, that has been around for quite some time. This place definitely hits the spot with a good variety of noodles, delicious broth, and the perfect toppings. As I gawk at the noodle chef, I'm deeply enamored by the constant stretching and twirling in the art of hand-pulled noodles, while I slurp my noodles away.

_MG_5345
Steamed pork and vegetable dumplings
_MG_5338
Pan-fried pork and vegetable dumplings
_MG_5332
House special knife peeled noodles in soup
_MG_5343
Pan-fried regular hand-pulled noodles

You can order regular hand-pulled, fat hand-pulled, wide hand-pulled, knife peeled, and small or big rice noodles. I prefer the knife peeled noodles over the regular hand-pulled noodles. I love that irregular shaped sliced noodles that's a little more doughy and chewy at the same time. The juicy pork and vegetable dumplings are tasty appetizers whether it's pan-fried or steamed. 

There is certainly nothing impressive about this place in terms of decor and service, but if you want the real Chinatown experience that's dingy, cheap, and delicious - Tasty Hand-Pulled Noodles is the perfect choice!

Mickey's rating: 9/10 
Price range: $

Tasty Hand-Pulled Noodles on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...